Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Monkey Bread

One of my favorite foods to make is Monkey Bread. Monkey Bread is a classic and one I am sure most of you have made, ate, or at least heard of. It is a favorite of mine because my family requests it for Christmas morning and served gewy and hot while we open presents. Monkey Bread is now a family tradition. This year the tradition had a bit of a "bug". Flu bug that is! Yes, I was unfortunate and caught the bug Christmas Eve. I'll spare you the details. I was fortunate enough to have pre made the monkey bread before I got sick. Christmas morning my daughter, Emily, put the monkey bread in the oven and set the timer. They all gathered in the livingroom where my husband had built a warm-cozy fire in the fireplace and put holiday music on the CD player. My family laid a sheet on the sofa, brought my pillows, blanket, and just-in-case-i-don't-make-it-to-the-bathroom bucket, and settled me on the sofa. We began to open Christmas stockings as the wonderful smell of Monkey Bread filled the room.

The timer went off and Emily pulled the bread from the oven, put a plate on top, flipped it over, and let the gewy-melted brown sugar run down
 the sides. Yum, Yum!
My family grabbed plates and forks and pulled apart the "just baked right" Monkey Bread. If my mouth could have watered it would have. If my stomach could have tolerated it I would have more than eaten my share. But no. As I watching the faces of my happy, content family devouring the Monkey Bread, I made a quick dash for the bathroom!
RECIPE: It's So Easy Monkey Bread
3 containers/tubes of buttermilk bisquits.
Divide each bisquit into three pieces.
 Toss pieces, a few at a time, into a bowl of 1 cup sugar and 2 tbls. cinnamon. Place all sugar coated pieces (3 tubes) into a sprayed bundt pan or angle food pan (place a jelly roll pan under the angle food pan in case of drips). Melt one stick of butter in microwave. Add one cup of brown sugar to butter. Pour over top of pieces.
 Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for no more than 30 minutes.
Remove from oven. Place a plate on top of pan and flip over. Left off pan. Serve, eat and enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice portfolio selection photobucket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I wish I would have been in the studio on Monkey bread day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me!!.. I wish you have uploaded the bigger pic of it :) it was little small to me, I have to get closer to my computer to gaze at 'em :P

    ReplyDelete